quarta-feira, 27 de maio de 2015

Essa cruz que trazes ao peito



Do filme "Masque of the Red Death" de 1964:

Prince Prospero:
That cross you wear around your neck; is it only a decoration, or are you a true Christian believer?
Francesca :
Yes, I believe - truly

Prince Prospero:
Then I want you to remove it at once!
- and never to wear it within this castle again!
Do you know how a falcon is trained my dear?
Her eyes are sown shut.
Blinded temporarily she suffers the whims of her God patiently, until her will is submerged and she learns to serve - as your God taught and blinded you with crosses.


Francesca:
You had me take off my cross because it offended....

Prince Prospero:
It offended no one.
No - it simply appears to me to be discourteous to... to wear the symbol of a deity long dead.
My ancestors tried to find it. And to open the door that seperates us from our Creator.


Francesca:
But you need no doors to find God.
If you believe....

Prince Prospero:
Believe?! If you believe you are gullible.
Can you look around this world and believe in the goodness of a god who rules it?
Famine, Pestilence, War, Disease and Death!
They rule this world.


Francesca:
There is also love and life and hope.

Prince Prospero:
Very little hope I assure you. No. If a god of love and life ever did exist... he is long since dead. Someone... something rules in his place.

And When He Falleth / Velvet Drakness They Fear / Theatre of Tragedy / 1996

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário